D.C. Councilman Tommy Wells announced the winners of the 2014 Livable, Walkable Awards today. Recipients will be honored at a free, open-to-all party tomorrow at the Atlas Performing Arts Center.
The winners are:
- Neighbor Award: John E. Hill
- Business Award: Atlas Vet, Dr. Matthew Antkowiak and Dr. Chris Miller
- Community Organization Award: Capitol Hill Community Foundation, Nicky Cymrot, president
- Public Service Award: Officer Tyrone Hardy, Metropolitan Police Department, First District
- Civic Pride: Arena Stage, Molly Smith, artistic director and Edgar Dobie, executive producer
The 8th annual awards are given to local people and organizations that “make our great city even greater,” Wells said in a statement.
The awards celebration will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. tomorrow at the Atlas Performing Arts Center (1333 H St. NE). Food will be served from Nandos Peri-Peri, Crunkcakes, H & Pizza, Dangerously Delicious Pies, the Queen Vic and elsewhere.
Last year’s winners were Rev. Ruth Hamilton of Westminster Presbyterian Church, Rev. L.B. West of Mount Airy Baptist Church, Labyrinth Game Shop, the French Street Neighborhood Association, the Ward 6 Core Team and Ron McBee of ANC 6D.