(Updated at 7:45 a.m. Tuesday) Metro trains will operate this morning with modified routes and schedules after smoke in the L’Enfant Plaza station killed one person and injured dozens of others.
Yellow Line service is being replaced by additional Blue Line trains, WMATA said early Tuesday morning. A limited number of shuttle buses are running between Pentagon and L’Enfant Plaza, running every 20 minutes.
Here’s how WMATA said you can get to work using Metro:
As of 5 a.m., normal Green Line service has been restored in both directions.
During the Tuesday morning commute, trains will operate as follows:
• Yellow Line: Service is replaced by additional Blue Line trains running between Huntington & Largo every 12 minutes
• Green Line: Regular service, every 6 minutes, between Branch Ave & Greenbelt
• Orange Line: Trains every 8 minutes between Vienna & New Carrollton
• Silver Line: Trains every 12 minutes between Wiehe-Reston East & Largo, with 8-car trains to provide additional capacity
• Blue Line: Trains every 12 minutes at Franconia-Springfield and Van Dorn Street, every 6 minutes at all other stations
All Metrorail stations are open.
A limited shuttle bus option is available between Pentagon and L’Enfant Plaza, running every 20 minutes. Board shuttle buses from Pentagon on the lower level of the Pentagon bus bays; from L’Enfant Plaza at 7th & Maryland Avenue SW.
Regular Metrobus and Circulator bus service may provide a good alternate travel option for some riders. To check, use the Trip Planner at wmata.com and select the “bus only” option.