Harold Marshall, 38, was arrested Sunday and charged with killing Tyrone Moore earlier that morning, police said. Marshall has no fixed address.
Police responded about 12:30 a.m. Sunday to a report of a stabbing in a home on the 1600 block of F Street NE, near Miner Elementary School. Moore, 32, died at a local hospital.
Marshall was charged with first-degree murder while armed.
Police gave details on other crimes reported in Ward 6 this weekend, including:
- A violent robbery occurred Saturday about 11:15 p.m. near the Eastern Market Metro station. Police described the two suspects as black men, who were between 25 and 35 years old. One of them was riding a bike.
- A pair of masked men stole someone’s wallet and an electronic device at gunpoint a few blocks from Barracks Row Friday night. The robbery occurred about 11:15 p.m. Friday on the 500 block of 11th Street SE. No injuries were reported.
- An armed man assaulted someone last night in Southwest during a failed robbery attempt. The would-be thief attacked at 9 p.m. Sunday on the 1200 block of First Street SW.
- An armed robbery occurred last night on a residential block of Hill East. Three teenagers committed the crime about 9 p.m. Sunday on the 200 block of 13th Street SE. Police described the the suspects as black males. One of the suspects wore black and brown gym clothing and had a gun.
- Five armed men committed a robbery last night near Southeast Freeway. The men struck at 8 p.m. Sunday on the 600 block of Virginia Avenue SE. The thieves were black men between 18 and 22 years old, police said. They were wearing black and grey hoodies.
- A man stole candy from a NoMa 7-11 yesterday morning after he flashed a knife at employees. The robbery occurred about 9:30 a.m. Sunday at 1315 2nd Street NE, near the NoMa-Gallaudet University Metro station. Police described the suspect as a black, heavy-set man with a slight beard, wearing a brown coat, red hoodie and blue jeans.
- An armed robbery occurred yesterday near the Tyler House apartment building in Near Northeast. The crime occurred about 3 a.m. Sunday on the 1200 block of North Capitol Street NW. The suspect is a black 18-year-old with a thin build, police said. He wore a camouflage jacket and had a black handgun.
Photo via Flickr/nullvalue