The robber and two other men, one of whom had a gun, approached the victim about noon Thursday on the 1000 block of E Street NE, police said this weekend. The men ordered the victim to hand over his cellphone, and then one of the men stunned the victim.
The victim dropped his phone, one of the men grabbed it and they fled.
Police gave details this weekend on these other crimes in the Capitol Hill area:
- Thieves stole electronics from Two Rivers Public Charter School on 4th Street NE in Near Northeast about 12:30 a.m. Thursday. A glass door was broken to enter the school.
- A man tried to rob someone at 7th and L streets SE in Navy Yard at 1:30 a.m. Saturday. The suspect is 5-foot-9 and had a short mohawk haircut and a black leather jacket, police said.
- Someone who responded to a knock at the door about 9:30 p.m. Saturday on the 800 block of East Capitol Street had a gun pulled on them.
- A man robbed someone after 11 p.m. Saturday on the 1200 block of H Street NE. Police described the suspect as a 200-pound man between 20 and 30 years old who wore a white T-shirt and white jeans.
- Two men, at least one of whom was armed, robbed someone Sunday night near the H Street corridor, on the 900 block of 9th Street NE.
Neighborhood crime statistics can be viewed on the Metropolitan Police Department’s Crime Map.
Photo via Google Maps