Sections of the parking lanes on H Street NE are slated to close temporarily beginning tomorrow as part of work intended to help streetcars travel safely through the area, according to a District Department of Transportation notice.
Drivers still will be able to travel on H Street during the closures. But as crews work, drivers will lose access to the travel lanes that are next to the parking lanes.
The parking lanes closures include the parts of H Street between:
- 3rd and 14th streets NE from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. tomorrow.
- 3rd and 7th streets NE from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday and Tuesday.
- 7th and 10th streets NE from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday.
- 10th and 12th streets NE from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday.
- 12th and 14th streets NE from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday and Friday.
During the closures, crews will put in red striping along the parking lanes.
“The red striping is an important safety upgrade that will address the safety and operational matter of vehicles parking outside of the white line parking boundary,” the DDOT notice says. “The DC Streetcar design-build team will be adding red striping between the parking lane and existing concrete track slab to alert motorists of open-door hazards within the streetcar guideway.”