D.C. Officials to Hold Safety Walk Around H Street Corridor
Locals who live near the H Street corridor are slated to have an opportunity to walk and talk with District police and government officials about safety in their neighborhood this week.
The community walk will start at 6 p.m. tomorrow at TD Burger (3rd and K streets NE) and cover parts of PSA 104, the area roughly bounded by 2nd Street NE and Florida, Maryland and Massachusetts avenues NE, police said.
The walk is set to come after three armed robberies were reported within two blocks of the H Street corridor over the weekend and a man was fatally shot on the 700 block of H Street NE on Oct. 3.
Officials do not expect to cover all of PSA 104 in one evening. But the walk will make several stops throughout the area to hear specific concerns.
For residents who cannot attend the entire walk, these stops and the walk’s expected arrival times are:
- 6:10 p.m. at Parker and 2nd streets NE.
- 6:15 p.m. at the Giant (3rd and H streets NE).
- 6:20 p.m. at 5th and H streets NE.
- 6:25 p.m. at 7th and H streets NE.
- 6:35 p.m. at the H Street Connection strip mall (8th and H streets NE).
- 6:40 p.m. at 8th and K streets NE.
- 6:50 p.m. at the D.C. Office of Aging (5th and K streets NE).
Walkers also are invited to PSA 104’s monthly meeting from 7 to 8 p.m. at J.O. Wilson Elementary School (660 K St. NE).
The meeting will begin with comments on the results of the safety walk, followed by crime reports, updates on police activity and an open community discussion.