Spring is officially here, and the cherry blossoms have hit peak bloom, making this weekend an ideal time to explore the outdoors, if you don’t mind the crowds.
No rain is in the forecast for Saturday and Easter Sunday, and the temperature is expected to rise to the low to mid-6os over the weekend, according to the National Weather Service.
Here’s what else you might want to know for this weekend:
- Pinball has come to Atlas Arcade on the H Street corridor.
- Bab Korean Fusion on H Street NE is now open.
- National Community Church is having its annual Easter egg hunt with 15,000 eggs, the Easter bunny and games Saturday.
- The Drink the District Cherry Blossom Beer & Wine Festival is coming to Navy Yard Saturday.
- Barracks Row Main Street is hosting its annual Easter egg hunt with the Easter bunny, a toy train and giveaways Saturday.
- Country music group The Wil Gravatt Band now is planning to help Cantina Marina in Southwest celebrate its reopening Saturday, after its show last weekend at the dockside bar was canceled due to the weather.
- City Bikes is leaving Barracks Row Sunday.
- Food trucks are gathering for tastings in Navy Yard Sunday.
- The 13th Street Community Park and Garden is holding its annual Easter egg hunt, with an appearance by the Easter bunny Sunday.