(Updated at 4:35 p.m.) Display Ship Barry is setting off from the Washington Navy Yard this weekend on its voyage to the scrapyard.
If you want to bid farewell, plan to arrive at Yards Park (355 Water St. SE) by 7:15 a.m. Saturday.
The temperature is expected to get up to the mid 60s Saturday under partly to mostly cloudy skies, according to the National Weather Service. A shower is possible. On Sunday, a high of about 70 is likely with mostly sunny skies. But it might sprinkle Sunday morning.
Here’s what else you might want to know for this weekend:
- Dogs of all shapes and sizes are getting free rein to wander Congressional Cemetery with their owners Saturday.
- But only Chihuahuas are participating in the annual “Running of the Chihuahuas” race Saturday.
- Gallery OonH is opening its photo exhibition showcasing the history of the H Street corridor Saturday.
- Pineapple and Pearls, Medium Rare and other area businesses are serving food and drink samples on Barracks Row Saturday.
- A nationally touring roadshow that has performers “using nothing more than the art of pelvic storytelling and pure imagination” is coming back to the H Street corridor Sunday.