Ready for summer and a three-day weekend?
Saturday likely will be the best day to go outside, with the temperature expected to reach the mid-80s under sunny skies, according to the National Weather Service. Storms are slated to arrive in the area Sunday night and leave by Monday morning. The temperature is expected to be in the low 80s both days.
Here’s what else you might want to know for the Memorial Day weekend:
- Most outdoor public pools and spray parks are opening for the season at noon Saturday.
- The Beach Boys, Trace Adkins and other entertainers are performing on the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol Sunday as part of the annual National Memorial Day Concert, which is free.
- Metro trains are running on a Sunday schedule on Monday. There’s also track work throughout the system.
- Government buildings are closed Monday. D.C. public libraries also are closed Sunday.
- Parking meters and most parking restrictions won’t be enforced Monday, except along the H Street NE streetcar line.
- Trash and recycling collection that would normally happen Monday will be pushed to Tuesday.
- Hill Now is closed Monday. Enjoy the holiday!