Gallery OonH H Street Photo Exhibition May 7-13 to Celebrate H Street History
H Street NE has been a destination and commercial corridor in D.C. for decades. However, it is just now experiencing an economic revitalization and cultural shift away from its historical roots. To celebrate everything that makes up this vibrant corridor, we are calling on photographers who want to share photographs old and new.
H Street’s rich history and culture make it a unique and energetic street that continues to attract development, sometimes at the expense of preservation. We are currently experiencing a collision of art and culture in this fast-changing neighborhood and want to document this fleeting moment in time through a collection of photographs.
We are calling on professional photographers, amateur photographers and iPhoneographers who want to share photographs old and new. We particularly welcome submissions highlighting the history of H Street and encourage anyone with older and historical photographs to partake in this exhibit. We also welcome creativity in your submissions! Show us what H Street looks like from your perspective and how this mile-long stretch of road connects so many diverse communities.
- All submissions must be received by April 15, 2016.
- A maximum of 3 entries per photographer will be reviewed.
- Electronic entries can be submitted for review to: [email protected].
- Photocopies of images for consideration may also be submitted by mail to: Gallery OonH 1354 H Street, NE Washington, DC 20002.
- This is a juried show and accepted work for the exhibition can be available for sale (photographer’s discretion 50/50).
- Selected entries must output to minimum 8×10″ and be framed by the photographer.
All entries must include:
- Photographer’s name
- Title of image
- Contact information (name, address, email, phone)
- Selected entries will be notified by email, and a photographer’s release form will be supplied with notification. All images that are not sold or were not for sale will be available for pickup May 16.