Spike Mendelsohn’s favorite aprons and a Beuchert’s Saloon chef’s favorite frying pans can be yours.
A charity event tonight at the gourmet kitchen supply store Hill’s Kitchen will showcase the favorite tools of seven Capitol Hill restaurateurs. The 713 D St. SE shop is hosting a “Sip & Shop” party with mock cocktails and cheese from Hank’s Oyster Bar and Sona Creamery & Wine Bar.
Ten percent of store proceeds will benefit the national campaign No Kid Hungry, Hill’s Kitchen announced. Twenty percent of the retail price of the seven featured tools will benefit the group. And No Kid Hungry merchandise will also be available, with full proceeds benefitting their work to feed children.
Here’s the list of participating restaurateurs and their favorite gear:
- Taste of the Nation D.C. mixology chair Gina Chersavani: soda spritzer
- Chef Douglas Alexander of Art and Soul: MAC knives
- Spike Mendelsohn of Good Stuff Eatery: aprons
- Jamie Leeds of Hank’s Oyster Bar: microplane zester
- Andrew Markert of Beuchert’s Saloon: All-Clad 10-inch fry pans
- Conan and Genevieve O’Sullivan of Sona Creamery: cheese boards
The free event will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
Photo via Twitter/Hill’s Kitchen DC