Free boot camp, yoga and Zumba classes will be held almost every day this summer in two parks in Navy Yard.
Canal Park and Yards Park will host several morning and evening workouts from May 19 to Sept. 12, according to the Capitol Riverfront Business Improvement District.
On select Sundays — June 21, July 19 and Aug. 16 — DCBFIT will have a family workout in Canal Park.
Here’s the full workout schedule:
- Mondays at 6:30 p.m.: High-energy class in Canal Park.
- Tuesdays at 7 p.m.: Vinyasa yoga in Yards Park.
- Wednesdays at 6:30 a.m.: Yoga class in Canal Park.
- Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m.: High-energy class in Yards Park.
- Thursdays at 7 p.m.: Zumba in Yards Park.
- Fridays at 6:30 a.m.: High-energy class in Yards Park.
- Saturdays at 8:30 a.m.: Boot camp in Yards Park.
- Third Sunday of each month (June 21, July 19 and Aug. 16) at 1:30 p.m.: Family fitness in Canal Park.
Photo via Capitol Riverfront BID
Harris Teeter: The area’s first grocery store is set to open Nov. 4. A ribbon-cutting ceremony with samples is scheduled for 5:30 p.m., the company’s website says. Located at 1212 4th St. SE, the store will include a Starbucks and a pharmacy.
Unleashed by Petco: This smaller, more upscale version of the ubiquitous pet store is slated to open within the 42-acre Yards complex on Nov. 3. It will be found at 300 Tingey Street SE.
Willie’s Brew And Que: A new barbecue restaurant led by Hell’s Kitchen’s Rahman “Rock” Harper and his brother opened Oct 17 at 300 Tingey Street SE. They told Hill Now they have had lines out the door for their brisket, pulled pork, Korean-style wings and extensive list of beers.
Vida Fitness: The high-end fitness club opened its doors on Oct. 18 at 1212 4th St. SE. The facility boasts a pool, four fitness studios, a spa and a hair salon.
These businesses are just one part of Forest City’s plans for the Yards. A set of businesses including the salad spot Sweetgreen, Ice Cream Jubilee and the Korean barbecue taco restaurant TaKorean opened this year. The Spanish tapas chain 100 Montaditos will open next to Bluejacket, according to the Capitol Riverfront Business Improvement District.